Have you noticed how LEDs have quietly entered our lives? They are everywhere. Since a few years ago, LED optics seemed fantastic, especially in the auto industry. In recent years, car manufacturers introduce more and more new car models with LED headlights. This result became possible because the cost of LED bulbs has dropped significantly.
As a result, in the auto world, there was a demand for LED optics. But not everyone can afford to buy a new car with LED headlights. Therefore, many companies realized that it was time to produce LED bulbs for dipped and high beam, which can replace conventional halogen and xenon bulbs in the headlights. Naturally, many motorists decided to buy similar bulbs for themselves by installing them on their car.
21st-century technology is increasingly taking over our world. Every year, more and more incredible innovative ideas appear, as well as yesterday’s fantastic technologies today become a reality. The progress of the digital age and the automotive industry have not bypassed—especially the lighting fixtures of cars that have undergone significant changes in recent decades.
Moreover, progress in auto lighting over the past few years has become more significant than over the past 50 years. As a result, we saw how LED optics first appeared in the automotive industry.
In recent years, more and more drivers are starting to think about replacing halogen and xenon headlights with the h4 LED bulb conversion kit.
Advantages of LED optics
As you know, any invention has its positive and negative sides. And LED bulbs are no exception, let’s first look at the main advantages of LEDs in comparison with halogen technologies:
– Better and brighter lighting. This technology has improved the efficiency of the light flux; it can be in the range from 1800 to 3600 lumens.
– In addition to higher brightness, LED bulbs consume significantly less energy, which ultimately reduces the load on the generator and allows you to save on fuel.
– Longer lifespan when compared to other light sources. On average, it is approximately 50 thousand hours, but depending on the particular brand and model, they can last much longer.
– Many models of LED bulbs allow you to change the color of the light flux, making it more pleasant for the perception of the eye. For example, change the white light of a headlight to blue or yellow, the same as a halogen bulb.
– LEDs are less sensitive to vibrations, unlike the incandescent filament of halogen analogs. Also, diodes practically do not heat up, unlike incandescent filaments. These features significantly and increase the reliability of LED bulbs during car operation.
– Besides, LED bulbs are often waterproof, protected by a special housing. Therefore, the presence of moisture in their work will not affect them.
LED in automotive: where to start?
Experts advise starting with replacing traditional halogen bulbs with LEDs in trunk lights, glove box light, map light. Besides, you can choose the color temperature of lighting, which could be warm white, white, or cold white.